About our Book Club

I am an avid reader who is part of a book club of 12 women who get together once a month at each others homes to discuss various books. We always have delicious food & wine and fabulous discussions! If you love to read then please take some time to peruse some of our book reviews, become a follower, add comments, suggestions or ratings and PLEASE share this blog with your friends too!

May 30, 2012

Defending Jacob by William Landay

It's interesting... I was just thinking that I always love the books we read, therefore my blogs all seem to be glowing. It's probably due to the fact that I love reading so much but more so, I think we just keep selecting amazing books!
Defending Jacob is no exception. I literally could not put this book down and when I absolutely had to, it called to me like some intoxicating elixir that was controlling my brain!

As with any really great book, I cannot go into too much detail or I will spoil the plot and twists for the reader. As a matter of fact, I find myself sitting here not really knowing what I can reveal without ruining things. I will say that William Landay's style of writing is phenomenal! The way he weaves this story together is truly wonderful, all the while inserting some dry humor when you least expect it. This is an engrossing read and will leave you asking some really tough questions about your own feelings and the thoughts and emotions of your own family.

We as a group loved this book and ended up having a wonderful discussion about it!
Please read this book, you will not be sorry!

Appetizers: Various  Delicious Tid Bits
Dinner: Chicken and Fruit Salad with a Yellow Curry Dressing
Dessert: Delicious Cake from Porto's Bakery in Glendale
Drinks: Red & White Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment